Our client, a recognized leader in the insurance industry, is looking for an experienced Business Intelligence Developer to join their team on a full-time basis in Cincinnati, OH.
This individual will be responsible for the development of business intelligence (BI) solutions using Enterprise data models, data architectures and data classifications, in addition to mentoring application, infrastructure and business teams in the creation, employment and use of business intelligence tools. They will work with enterprise wide business and IT senior management to understand and prioritize data and information requirements, solves complex technical problems, and optimize the performance of enterprise business intelligence tools by defining data to filter and index that add value to the user.
This individual will also create testing methodology and criteria, design & coordinate a curriculum for coaching and training customers in the use of business intelligence tools to enhance business decision-making capability, and ultimately be responsible for leading all phases of conceptualization, design, development, testing, and production support of BI solutions.
- Develops and maintain Business Intelligence solutions utilizing the Enterprise Data-model Architecture.
- Assists in the development of standards for data definitions, manipulation and mapping.
- Conducts interviews with business resources to gather requirements.
- Develops Technical Specifications and Mapping Documents.
- Develops data models and implement best practices.
- Acts as senior resource for troubleshooting Business Intelligence data-related issues.
- Oversees management of projects with cross-functional teams.
Skills & Qualifications
- Demonstrated knowledge of Business Intelligence (BI) tools and methodologies. Cite examples of successful employment of BI tools and methods.
- Demonstrated knowledge of project management methodologies such as waterfall and Agile. Cite examples of successful project management engagements.
- Demonstrated experience with running queries and reports in a BI tool.
- Demonstrated experience with coding in SQL based clients, such as PL/SQL, TOAD or similar applications.
- Proven knowledge of data modeling techniques. Must be able to cite examples comparing and contrasting Kimball approach versus Inmon versus data vault.
- Experience in data architecture.
- Exposure to integration tools (DTS, SSIS, Informatica, Data Stage, etc.).
- Exposure to OLAP tools (Analysis Services, Cognos, Business Objects, etc.).
- Exposure to Reporting tools (Reporting Services, Crystal Reports, etc.).
- Proven knowledge of the financial services industry.
Technical Skills Required
- Proficient in word processing, spreadsheets and database applications.
- Proficient in Oracle RDBMS and Microsoft SQL Server.
- Working knowledge of AIX, Windows and Linux Operating Systems including scripts and task scheduling.
- Working knowledge of Structured Query Language.