Location: Faribault, MN 55021
Target Hourly Pay: $30-33/ hour (will be based on skills and experience)
Type: Long-term Contract
** Must have Bachelor degree!!
Summary: Purchasing and distributing materials, equipment and supplies in accordance with company guidelines in order to satisfy inventory requirements while meeting costing, quality and on-time delivery objectives and measures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Ensures that company standard procedures are followed in connection with purchases of material and services.
- Analyzes market conditions and trends; explores sources of supply; processes requests for all products and commodities.
- Prepares and issues purchase orders and requisitions; secures price advantages of quantity buying; composes and edits specifications; solicits formal and informal bids in accordance with standard procedures and compares and analyzes price quotations.
- Follows up and maintains current and accurate database information, vendor lead times, open purchases, commitments and shortages.
- Updates and maintains inventory maintenance within the software system.
- Maintains data, prepares reports and analyzes information using available software in decision-making.
- Studies products usage; determines vendor from whom purchases will be made; places orders; negotiates and renews contracts; investigates complaints and secures adjustments.
- Processes and analyzes high profile contracts with other members of the team.
- Resolves vendor quality issues and tracks and documents results and vendor performance. Initiates quality programs that benefit vendor relationships while improving the quality for customer.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical – Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; puts success of team above own interests.
- Cost Consciousness – Develops and implements cost saving measures.
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment.
- Judgment – Displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor’s Degree (Administrative, Business, Liberal Arts or Social Sciences)
Three to five years of applicable experience.