- Work in an agile and fast-paced environment interfacing with management, business and senior technology members
- Understand business requirements, processes and specifications required to support implementation
- Communicate and coordinate effectively with business analysts and cross functional technology teams
- Document technical specifications, functional flows and drive the projects autonomously
- Architect and design high performance, robust and scalable systems
- Design and implement applications utilizing complex Java/J2EE technologies and middleware systems
- Build and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Provide status updates, proper escalations & reporting to management & business
- Support production releases
- Significant expertise to work closely with internal clients and team manager to understand needs, define requirements and provide business process automation ideas and solutions.
- Interface, as necessary, with other IT teams in the delivery of product.
Bachelor’s degree or foreign education equivalent in Computer Science or Engineering with 7+ years of experience performing Java/J2EE software engineering within a financial services environment.
- Expertise in core Java programming (5 – 10 years)
- Expertise in Java EE design and programming (5 + years, possibly overlapping with core Java experience) and solid understanding of multi-tiered web-based applications
- Java, Spring, Hibernate, Databases such as Sybase, SQL Server
- Expertise of building web service with any standard application server
- Strong understanding of RDBMS databases, JDBC, and database access technologies
- Experience with some set of standard Java developments tools including IDE’s, build frameworks and source code control
- Knowledge of UNIX shell scripting
- Excellent communication, organizational, and planning skills
- Tibco, JMS or MQ messaging, Spring Front End development skills in GWT or related technologies
- Knowledge of securities data