Our client is a leading provider of Human Resources software and services. They're looking for a Procurement Specialist to join their team at the Minneapolis, MN location!
The Vendor Relationship Manager is responsible to act as the key point of contact in facilitating the end to end vendor management process. This includes working with vendors and other 3rd party relationships, internal leaders and internal functions to ensure third party product and services are contracted with the diligence and efficiency.
• Act as the key point of contact for all vendor engagements in partnership with key business stakeholders
• Facilitate end to end vendor management process with internal stakeholders including: legal, risk management, finance, information security and privacy, and information technology teams.
• Comply with organizational requirements as published through procedural and policy documentation, while ensure constructive relationships are maintained throughout the vendor management process.
• Drive and enhance organizational value and efficiency.
• Serve as the primary contact for vendor and other 3rd party related questions, training, policy and procedure interpretation and alignment by all departments.
• Handle vendor disputes and negotiate timely and fair resolution while collaborating with internal stakeholders.
• Stay current with business strategy while driving progressive, growth oriented vendor management policy and procedure
• Meet regularly with supported business leaders to ensure understanding of process performance and/or recommendations to enhance policies, procedures and programs as needed.
• Review specifications, analyze market and select potential suppliers, lead the RFx process
• Evaluate/manage vendor/suppliers through KPI’s and scorecards.
• Lead vendor management projects as assigned using the joint workflow tool
• Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field
• 3-5 years of related experience
• Strong negotiations skills with a focus on win/win outcomes
• Demonstrated experience applying principles of financial analysis and reporting
• Lean/Continuous Improvement and Change Management experience a plus
• Strong written and verbal communication across all levels of the organization
• Experience with software / technology buying for large organizations