Supplier Quality Engineer
Location St. Paul – Minnesota
Imagine a job where you will have the opportunity to do exciting and challenging work, while collaborating with extraordinary colleagues. A company that invests in you and your career, providing the training, mentoring, development and support you need to be successful now and in the future. If you want a career without limits with a market-leading family-owned, global company where you can make an impact. Every day, our worldwide team of nearly 15,000 employees are bringing forward new ideas and solutions that are impacting and transforming everything from healthcare to renewable energy to e-mobility to high-tech and telecommunications.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Assess the suitability of suppliers to meet requirements through supplier evaluation, including supplier questionnaires, quality agreements and supplier site evaluations.
• Work closely with suppliers and procurement, engineering, and quality engineering groups to ensure potential suppliers meet requirements for qualification. Supports and collaborates with the group to define material and service validation requirements.
• Lead and coordinate supplier quality and process system audits. Establish annual audit schedule and develop and define audit criteria based on established metrics and business priorities.
• Builds relationships with suppliers to ensure that purchased components meet specifications.
• Lead the resolution of quality issues with suppliers. Provide primary support for the supplier nonconformances working with engineering, manufacturing and quality engineer on investigation and disposition.
• Manage supplier corrective actions utilizing analytical skill sets to implement root-cause analysis and provide recommendations for corrective action.
• Communicate with vendors regularly to address any concerns and foster an environment that facilitates continual improvement in working relationships
• Evaluate, communicate, assess supplier process changes and lead internal activities driven by those changes.
• Provide technical support to incoming quality inspection, regarding purchased and customer supplied components. Develop and/or improve inspection method and sampling plans.
• Participate and/or assist with cross training activities, training of new hires and temporary staff. Follow set training program for position and ensures training requirements are up to date using training tracking system.
We can provide you with the opportunity – and Open Space – where your ideas and career can grow and advance. We offer attractive compensation, top-notch benefits, and an ideal environment that supports your professional development.