Design and implement technology solutions using modern engineering tools and Agile practices. Work with self-directed, cross-functional, and product-oriented teams in a highly collaborative environment. Deliver critical products and services while developing skills and experience well beyond your initial role.
The Principal Architect is a technical leader and expert in one or more technical and/or functional domains. They maintain knowledge of (and may even contribute to) industry innovations, trends, and best practices. They coach and mentor other members of the engineering community, model expected behaviors, and help to define organizational best practices, standards, and reference architectures.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Implement and maintain new features and capabilities while continuously improving the quality of our technical products and services
- Build and share technical expertise with your Agile team and other members of the organization
- Follow industry and organizational best practices and standards, and help to lead company communities of practice to continuously refine and communicate them. Champion a culture of continuous improvement.
- Achieve operational excellence by automating processes and creating maintainable, supportable, and testable solutions
- Keep up with technology trends and innovations in your field(s) of practice
- Provide operational support and expert-level troubleshooting for your team’s products and services
- Maintain appropriate controls and documentation to ensure compliance with all company and regulatory requirements
- Provide coaching, mentoring, and training for new or less experienced team members
- Provide technical leadership and guidance related to your field(s) of expertise to one or more Agile teams
- Actively foster a culture of engineering excellence within your team and communities of practice
- Help to define the long-term vision for your team’s products, and lead the technical execution towards that vision
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with other operations and engineering teams across the IT organization
- Seek opportunities for re-use and collaboration across teams to improve processes and capabilities that exceed the scope of a single team
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant technology field or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- 8+ years of engineering or other IT work experience relevant to the position
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
- Willingness to work in a highly-collaborative environment
- Advanced understanding and significant experience with modern software development practices, tools, and/or hardware technologies
- Strong understanding of IT security best practices
- Deep expertise in one or more technical and/or functional domains relevant to the position
- Experience leading the design, implementation, and support of complex technical solutions
In-depth technical understanding of enterprise networking. Ability to architect, design, secure and automate all facets of the data center of the future. This role will be responsible for changing the network for the bank both from a technical perspective as well as a process perspective. They Lead a journey to automate the network hardware and process.
Technical depth to peer review senior engineers plans and designs. Experience and certifications in many of the following areas:,
- F5, ASM, Firewalls, ACI, Viptella, SDWAN& SDLAN, routing and switching, wireless, Network security, Cloud, transit VPC, direct connect, Equinix offerings, Ansible, and terraform.
- Cloud hubs, AWS, direct connect, next generation business partner and shifting the network out of the data center.
- Preferred: Looking for spine leaf & ACI