Our client, a fortune 500 company, is looking for a Project Administrator, who will assist project managers/program leads complete several projects.
Their duties are analytical, evaluative, and dynamic. PAs work under the direction of a project manager/program lead; however, a PA performs work independently.
They are responsible for coordinating and completing a variety of activities supporting project and/or program management. These activities vary based on the size and scope of the project(s) that the Project Administrator is assigned to. PAs are assigned to large projects or programs to ensure that a Project Manager can remain focused on high-value project management work.
Their duties are analytical, evaluative, and dynamic.
Project Financial Tracking and Management:
- Creation of a tracker that supports detailed project financial tracking and management. This includes using a recommended financial tracker that provides a detailed view to the project budget, forecasted spend, committed and legally obligated dollars, forecast-to-end projection and variance through project closure, as well as any BoIT and Pre-paid costs associated with program/project.
- Working with Service Management to support financial requirements for ITSD Enterprise projects (accruals, notification of purchases on local out-of-region ARs for Product Coding, etc.)
- Gathering information, providing analysis, and/or generating reports on spending for project and program managers. This may include detail reporting on purchase orders management.
- Performing monthly transfers.
- Performing year-end accruals.
- Working with Vendor Management and Shared Services to ensure payments are being received within net terms.
- Preparing for project closeout
- Validating final monthly charges have posted
- Validating Changepoint entries for internal resourcing have posted and locking project
- Zeroing out all purchase orders
- Capitalizing Assets
- Closing the AR
- Assisting with Asset Management at the direction of the Project Manager
Project Management Assistance:
- Creating project charters under the guidance of the Project Manager or Program Lead.
- Creating ARs under the guidance of the Project Manager or Program Lead
- Entering ChangePoint project allocations for technical resourcing.
- Developing internal project communication under the guidance of the project manager or program lead.
- Entering project forecasts into Demand Plan
- Maintaining the project repository.
- Scheduling meetings, handling logistics, and note taking.
- Creation of project communications including status reports, presentations, meeting minutes based on information provided by Project Managers or Program Lead.
- Arranging logistics for meetings, training, etc.
People, Peer Relationships & Collaboration
- Learning Agility
- Learns quickly; Adjusts to Change
- Enjoys challenges of a new problem or situation
- Ability and desire to learn new skills
- Team player; Collaborates well with all project team members
- Gains trust and support of peers
- Can work independently with little supervision
- Keeps Confidences
- Models Corning’s Values and Code of Conduct
- confronts unethical situations
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent customer service orientation
- Previous experience working in a corporate environment
- Ability to manage own workload and set priorities with little supervision
- Ability to multi-task, manage time effectively and handle tight deadlines
- Ability to function effectively in stressful situations / circumstances
- Strong financial background
- Advanced computer skills – Word / Excel / PowerPoint / Project / Visio to support:
- Coordination of project plan(s)
- Monitoring and reporting of project statuses and project communication
- Updating of work plans
- Able to work in a close team environment as a strong team player.
- Capable to work for multiple project leaders / multiple projects. Maintains quality, timeliness and results; Meets customer and PMO expectations.
- Prior experience in a similar or equivalent position
- Associates Degree or higher
- Advanced Computer Skills
- Strong Financial background
- Bachelor’s Degree
- General Accounting Experience
- Changepoint and SharePoint experience a plus