Our Investment Banking client is looking for a Data Center Refresh Project Manager @New York, NY
• Responsible for developing high level and low level project plans and budgets for data center refresh and/or build out projects.
• Responsible for the management, coordination, and execution of all assigned tasks and resources.
• Responsible for tailoring existing best practices for project and operational management to suit the needs of this project.
• Responsible for all communication on the status of the project to the rest of the IT project team, IT departments.
• Responsible for all coordinating all activities of the projects between these same parties as well as external resources such as the Engineering Design Team, the General Contractor, etc.
• Responsible for development and timely delivery of all IT related deliverables.
• Responsible for maintaining the project share point site for the project documentation and information, modifying the design and function of the site as required.
• Creation of and assist with RFP & RFI documentation relating to White Space products and services, including participating in global RFP initiatives & events.
• Travel will be required in the NY Metro area and NJ. Some out of area travel may be required.
• Experience in IT hardware refresh or migration projects.
• Working knowledge of: networking, server, storage/hardware technologies.
• Capable of simultaneously managing activities at multiple sites under multiple projects.
• Good leadership and organizational skills
• PMP, Six Sigma & ITIL certification preferred, PMBOK principles and understanding is required.
• Effective written and verbal communication skills
• Experienced in the development of specifications and other technical documentation.
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in an engineering discipline.
• Competent in the use of all basic MS Office Automation products ? SharePoint, Word, Excel, Visio, Power point, and Project.
• Working knowledge of specialty environments such as Market Data and/or internet plants.
• Experience & expertise in Data Center project management.
• Basic knowledge of Data Center Technology and Service Management.
• Working background in Structured Cabling Systems
• Understanding of Data Center best practices