This role supports business and IT strategies through analysis and improvement efforts with a focus on in-depth understanding of needs for the Investment Accounting and other business teams. Daily production support and configuration of applications, which vary from requiring highly technical skills to business savvy skills, will be required.
This role is a subject matter expert on Investment Accounting systems, data, and business processes and is responsible for the identification, development and planning of business functional requirements and testing plans for new systems, plus the implementation of system changes or enhancements in coordination with business users, management, and other IT resources.
This role will validate requirements with users in order to gain consensus by working closely with business partners to identify and analyze practical solutions through existing or new business processes or systems technology. The person in this role will not only need excellent problem-solving skills, but should also be able to see the larger picture and recommend the steps to get the business from problem to solution.
- Strong understanding of application production support, configuration processes, and underlying SimCorp Dimension experience required.
- Strong understanding of application production support, configuration processes, and underlying technologies such as middle tier architecture, Windows Server, and Oracle.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, in particular Excel, Project, and Visio.
- Experience with batch job scheduling and sequencing.
- Knowledge of the Asset Management industry and related computer applications and business procedures. Middle and back office knowledge/experience preferred.
- Ability to analyze business processes/workflow and high-level requirements and translate these to overall detailed system-level design to be used for architectural design, cost/benefit analysis, and solution development.
- Experience analyzing existing systems environments to determine applicability, benefits, and drawbacks in support of new requirements.
- Experience in quality assurance activities such as functional, regression and UAT test planning and execution.
- Understanding of financial instruments, including derivatives and ETFs, and how they are accounted for in the accounting book of records.
- Familiarity with Performance Measurement including contribution and attribution concepts.
- Excellent communication, presentation, influencing, and reasoning skills that demonstrate the ability to communicate information technology concepts to non-technology personnel.
- Knowledge and experience with project management methodologies and facilitation techniques in order to lead large projects.
- Experience working with various types of service vendors in the Information Technology or Asset Management industries.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with all levels of management, staff, outside vendors, contractors, and consultant.
Minimum Required Qualifications
- 7+ years’ experience in the Asset Management/Financial Services industry; Back, Middle and Front Office experience required.
- 5+ years’ experience related to Investment Accounting and Investment Accounting/Portfolio Management systems.
- 3+ years’ experience in business and systems analysis including workflow/process analysis.
- 2+ years’ production support of mission-critical applications.
- 2+ years’ experience managing complex application projects.
- Demonstrated experience and strength with Microsoft Excel, Excel Macros, and SQL.
- BA or BS in Finance, IT, or other relevant field.