Role: Senior Release Engineer-259584
Location: Cupertino, CA 95014
Duration: 12 Months Contract
Education and Experience
- Experience managing Jenkins in a highly automated environment.
- Experience managing and administering an SCM (e.g. SVN/Git)
- Python, Bash, Groovy scripting experience.
- Experience managing and configuring web servers (e.g. Apache/nginx)
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent.
Proven Skills and Abilities
- Minimum of 5 years of professional software development experience working on complex development projects
- Dedicated problem-solver who can work in a fast paced environment where multiple releases are a fact of life
- Ability to size technical efforts accurately
- Experience collaborating with other team members in multiple teams diagnosing and debugging complex systems, and participating in investigating build, deployment and operational issues
- Knowledge of Linux stack
- Experience with web application security
- In depth knowledge of source version control software (Subversion, Git)
- Experience collaborating with other technical teams on DevOps responsibilities for application deployment, performance, monitoring, reliability and scalability
- Preferred experience with Docker, configuration management systems such as Ansible, Mesos or similar grid computing technologies, CI build tools such as Jenkins, and logging and monitoring tools like Splunk
- Willingness to take the initiative to solve problems
- Proven capabilities to work under pressure and tight deadlines to solve critical issues
- Able to work equally well with people in creative and technical positions
- Strong oral and written communicator, with good interpersonal skills; able to forge trusting relationships within a diverse team and across organizations