Junior Staff Accountant
Work under the supervision of the Accounting Manager. Provide financial information by maintaining and reconciling accounts; preparing reports.
Junior Accountant Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains financial records by analyzing balance sheets and general ledger accounts.
- Maintain supporting schedules for various general ledger accounts
- Assist in the processing of balance sheets, income statements and other financial statements according to legal and company accounting and financial guidelines.
- Provides financial status information by preparing special reports; completing special projects.
- Post and process journal entries to ensure all business transactions are recorded.
- Identify and resolve financial discrepancies. Correct errors by posting adjusting journal entries as needed.
- Serve as a backup to accounts payable – recording payables and issuing checks as needed
- Assist with reviewing of expenses as assigned
- Update financial data in databases to ensure that information will be accurate and immediately available when needed
- Prepare and submit monthly reporting packages
- Reconcile bank accounts (daily and monthly) by gathering and balancing information as needed.
- Review data to ensure that proper procedures are being followed
Junior Accountant Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in accounting, business, finance, math, or a related field
- One year of accounting experience, which can be gained from an internship position or previous employment.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel
- Skills – Attention to Detail, Confidentiality, Coordination, Thoroughness, Objectivity, Driven, Self-motivated, Goal-oriented,
- Able to complete work to deadlines with little direct supervision
- Strong critical thinking and mathematical reasoning skills