Developer Support Specialist – Developer Environments
- Developer Support Specialist (DSS) is an integral member of the Developer Experience teams.
- Developer Experience is focused on creating a first class coding life-cycle for internal developers.
- Support Specialists provide top quality coding assistance to internal developers who may be using tools for the first time or are encountering issues they need help resolving.
The DSS will provide frontline technical support to the services they support.
This role will require a technical foundation in:
- Working with services or application systems
- The ability to manage volume requests some times with frustrated user
- The desire to build and grow their knowledge about software development.
We are looking for candidates who have experience in writing tests, debugging and some coding.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Respond to and triage support questions and support requests from engineers
- Communicate and escalate issues to the proper engineering teams or owners for resolution
- Use data tools to investigate problems and correlate them to service events or code rollouts
- Apply basic debugging tools and techniques to clarify issues and add relevant information for issues.
- Write basic scripts and test cases to improve the speed and quality of support
- Ability to reproduce the issue and debug it to provide extra information for root causing
- Provide insights and suggestions to users on how to fix the issues they encounter in their CI workflows.
- Experience using continuous integration/deployment systems (CI/CD)
- Experience using source/version control systems (git, mercurial, SVN, etc.)
- Scripting experience
- Debugging experience
- Professional experience in customer service, help desk, support, or other technical roles
- Basic fluency in PHP or Python familiarity with basic development tools
- Ability to rapidly assess, analyze and resolve or troubleshoot issues and distill into clear and concise communications
- Ability to work in a complex ecosystem with many layers of systems, services and tools
- Associates or technical degree
- Interest in building experience and knowledge for a full-time software development role Linux/Unix/Window experience Circle CI, Jenkins CI, or any open continuous integration tooling
- Customer Centric
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), facilitation and interpersonal skills
- Ability to think critically and problem-solve
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Results-oriented, self-directed, and inquisitive
- Strong attention to detail and a desire to deliver accurately, efficiently, and to a high standard
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently while managing multiple projects, assignments and/or responsibilities
Start Date: 03/02/2020
Estimated End Date: 03/02/2021
Hours Per Week: 40.00
Hours Per Day: 8.00
On-site in Menlo Park.
Eligible for benefits through Russell Tobin & Associates after first 60 days.
Benefits for contractors:
15 days PTO + Holiday schedule!
Breakfast + Lunch + Dinner all paid for on-site!
Eligible for medical benefits through Russell Tobin & Associates after first 60 days.