Our client is a major university located in Minneapolis. They're looking for an Administrative Assistant to join their team in supporting the President's Office team. This is a great opportunity to gain experience working within higher education!
The Receptionist is a critical member of the President’s Office team, serving as the first point of contact for the Office of the President and the central hub of many office activities. Key responsibilities include greeting visitors (in person and phone), tracking staff activities and logistics, and creating a warm and welcoming environment for staff and guests. The ideal candidate will be professional, friendly, and thrive in a fast-paced, energetic environment.
Front Desk (50%):
- Answer calls to the main office number; refer to appropriate staff or office
- Greet visitors and inform appropriate staff of their arrival
- Maintain office and conference room cleanliness
- Constructively handle encounters with upset callers or visitors
Office Support (50%):
- Monitor office supply inventory and order supplies
- Maintain office safety and security procedures
- Supervise student employees, including proofreading the president's outgoing condolence letters
- Maintain the office files and assist with annual archiving tasks
- High School Diploma/GED
- Three years of related office and administrative experience. One (1) year of education/training beyond high school can be substituted for experience.
- Strong computer skills including experience with Microsoft programs
- Editing experience
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse constituents
- Demonstrated ability to remain calm under pressure
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience handling confidential information
- Experience working with the public