Our client. a global financial institution, is seeking an Accountant to join their team in Minneapolis!
- Responsible for ensuring that the various Ledgers and Records are properly accounted for and controlled.
- Responsible for daily accounting and reconciliation of investment portfolio transactions within PAM.
- Has primary responsibility for providing analysis and statutory reporting to internal and external sources.
- Partner with business to develop and implement accounting practices consistent with GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles) and other governing agencies (FINRA, SEC, OTS, IRS, NAIC, and Insurance examiners).
- Perform accounting processes for a variety of transactions in accordance with GAAP internal and external policies, procedures and authorizations.
- Prepare journal entries dealing with more complex accounting functions.
- Review, analyze, and resolve more moderately complex issues in accounting transactions.
- Follow specific and detailed accounting procedures.
- Coordinate and prepares monthly, quarterly, and annual reports, for inclusion in 10Q & 10K, statutory/regulatory filings.
- Own balance sheet accounts.
- Research and clears outstanding reconciling transactions.
- Research may need to be done using various sources such as system reports or data generated from outside the department and company (i.e. external custodians).
- Provide oversight to reconciliation of general ledger balance sheet accounts.
- Analytical review of a monthly reconciliations, ensure appropriate controls, and resolve variances.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 4+ Accounting Experience
- Derivative Accounting and Financial Reporting experience preferred
- String working knowledge of investments with emphasis on derivatives (futures, options, forwards, interest rate swaps, equity swaps, etc)
- Strong understanding of end-to-end process flows, systems, controls and impacts across products and business lines