Our client, a Fortune 50 tech company, is seeking a Business Affairs Contract Administrator to join their team in Culver City.
If you have a Paralegal Certification and are Bilingual in Spanish, please apply now!
- You will proactively review and evaluate the contractual financial obligations of agreements and deal memos for our content partners (studios, actors, writers, producers, executive producers, directors, line producers, casting directors, etc.).
- You will administer contractual obligations, including preparation of deal tracking reports, option calendars, rights summaries, and deal abstracts.
- Prepare episodic writer/director bookings and draft associated documentation.
- Generate Notices of Tentative Writing Credits and weekly WGA worklists and provide support on guild communications.
- Prepare payment authorizations and payment schedules for above-the-line talent and facilitate timely and accurate payments as they come due.
- Maintain all payment requests and back-up within a cloud-based document management system
- Liaise with productions regarding delivery of key documentation to ensure payments are made in a timely fashion.
- Initiate above-the-line payroll start paperwork process and ensure that it is received, complete, accurate and distributed internally as appropriate.
- Work closely with Production Finance and Labor Relations.
- Act as internal and external point-of-contact for all payment related questions.
- Assist in the development and implementation of standardized procedures and customized I.T. systems and databases.
- Minimum of 2 years in Business Affairs and/or Contract Administration at a major studio/network or streaming service, with a deep understanding of payroll process, including experience with Entertainment Partners, payroll documentation, and above-the-line union labor agreements (DGA, WGA, SAG-AFTRA).
- Experience reviewing and analyzing television, film, and/or new media agreements.
- Excellent organization and tracking skills.
- The ability to organize and prioritize a large volume of work in a dynamic environment with excellent attention to detail.
- We need someone with a high level of integrity, discretion, and professionalism in dealing with senior professionals and highly confidential information.
- Strong analytical and communications skills with a curiosity and eagerness to take on new projects and work on new systems to streamline processes.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Paralegal certificate or similar preferred