MECHANICAL DESIGN AUTOMATION ENGINEER
Step out of your comfort zone, excel and redefine the limits of what is possible. That s just what our employees are doing every single day in order to set the pace through our innovations and enable outstanding achievements. After all, behind every successful company are many great fascinating people.
The Mechanical Design Automation Engineer is involved in all aspects of automation design and development across multiple product platforms. We seek engineers who can find creative ways to transform quoted concepts into robust machine designs. Machine systems include robots, indexing tables, conveyors, motorized actuators, and pneumatic pick and place systems. This diverse hands-on position requires strong mechanical ability combined with the ability to critically analyze and implement solutions.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Use mechanical (CAD)design software (ProE preferred) to create complete mechanical designs for robust and low risk automation solutions that maintain the project scope and budget.
• Complete mechanical design analysis as required to insure the machine design will meet requirements defined in the project scope.
• Create complete, detailed print packages for fabrication with design for manufacturability in mind.
• Define the commercial components needed to meet project needs, including acquiring quotes and lead time for critical items.
• Clear communication with the project manager on schedule and scope implications through the project lifecycle.
• Lead the mechanical assembly and debug activities to insure the machine assembly and debug phases of the project are completed on schedule.
• System training and support as needed per project requirements.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
• Degree in robotics, mechanical engineering or equivalent experience.
• Strong mechanical aptitude and ability to conceptualize and create mechanical designs.
• Excellent problem solving and time management skills.
• Great practical expertise and experience in building custom automation solutions (5+ years preferred).
• Mechanical design using ProE or Solidworks.
• Excellent verbal communication skills and be comfortable presenting technical information to customers and vendors as needed.