Perform and monitor routine diagnostic checks on automated systems. Isolate problems and perform necessary repairs. Design and service control systems ranging from electromechanical devices and systems to high-speed robotics and PLCs (Programmable Logic Controllers). Prepare reports and recommend upgrades or changes to equipment or processes. Manage multiple projects and prioritize actions in support of manufacturing objectives. Assist with installation, integration and programming efforts during commissioning phase for new automation equipment.
1. Assist Engineering in facilities design, modification and hazard analysis, and work with Production personnel to optimize facilities controls.
2. Efficiently support daily production objectives by providing troubleshooting, maintenance, repair, upgrades, and improvement modifications on automation equipment.
3. Install, maintain and inspect workstation installations throughout the facility.
4. Assist Engineering and Production personnel with the specification, installation and modification of systems.
5. Ensure the machines are properly calibrated, the equipment works at proper parameters and analyze the results to ensure they meet company standards.
6. Work with final control devices (valves, actuators and positioners) to manipulate the process medium.
7. Install and terminate electrical, pneumatic and fluid connections.
8. Install and service measuring and indicating instruments to monitor process control variables associated with PLCs, and monitor the operation of PLC equipment.
9. Support development of electrical design, schematics and drawings.
10. Support development of electrical bill of materials.
11. Power up electrical systems and configure hardware per specifications.
12. Troubleshoot production issues and determine the issue type (mechanical, electrical or from the controls).
13. Troubleshoot problems and perform repairs, preferably while processes continue to run.
14. Perform calibration, repair, adjustment and replacement of components.
15. Provide expertise to continue advancement of automated systems throughout the Production site.
16. Provide troubleshooting and maintenance support for all assigned automated systems.
17. Provide technical guidance and mentoring for Production, Technician and Engineering personnel.
18. Provide system operation training on the assigned automation systems.
19. Install and service a variety of systems including safety and security, energy delivery (hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical), communication, and process control systems.
20. Perform other duties as assigned.
Strictly Necessary Cookie must be enabled at all times for core functionality of the site and so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings.
If you disable this cookie, we will not be able to save your preferences. This means that every time you visit this website you will need to enable or disable cookies again.
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Other cookies are used to collect information about how you interact with our website and allow us to remember you. We use this information in order to improve and customize your browsing experience and for analytics and metrics about our visitors both on this website and other media.
Keeping these cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.
Please enable Strictly Necessary Cookies first so that we can save your preferences!