Five Tips on How to Achieve Your #CareerGoals in 2019
We are a few weeks into 2019 which is usually when resolutions start to peter. I get it—coming back from the long holiday weekend… it’s super cold out which can inhibit motivation—the list goes on. I’m here to remind you that it is not too late to set intentions for your career goals this year! Here are five tips on how to make your professional ambitions a reality—check it out:
- Update your digital, visual, and online presence.
- Dust the cobwebs off on your online presence to get a new energy flowing. Freshen up your professional profile picture and update your “About Me”—put your personality into it.
- Reconnect with your network.
- Send the message out to the universe for your friends, family, and past colleagues to see. Set up a few meetings over coffee to help you get the word out that you’re setting new career goals for yourself. Practice talking about what motivates you and see what advice you can get from those you meet with.
- Narrow your focus.
- Break down your career goals by the technology you want to work with, your industry preferences, the types of projects you want to be involved in, etc.
- Make personal New Year’s resolutions.
- If you can imagine it, you can make it a reality. Visualizing where you want to be is the first step. Close your eyes and see what you want to happen this year—meditating on this helps you focus and set intentions.
- 10-year challenge in reverse.
- Where you do you see yourself in 5-10 years? What type of exposure, role, mentorship, etc. do you need in your next role (ie. In the next 2-3 years) to help get you closer to that goal?